MixerPlus is an alternative implementation of sound mixer application written in C by John Peloquin and released under GPLv2:
It works perfectly in Windows NT 5.x environment and, basically, all it needs is a GUI redesign to resemble standard Windows sound mixer, as well as a snippet of code to work as systray volume control.
It's better than current ROS's sndvol32 in terms of stability and usability:
- works properly and does not crash on Windows NT 5.x
- precise volume controls instead of chunky stepped one from ROS's sndvol32
- allows to auto-fade in and fade out each channel
- allows to crossfade between sound sources
- allows to separately control volume for each channel (L & R)
As an alternative, it can be included into RAPPS downloads.
Attached the archive with latest GitHub source code snapshot and compiled binary in "Release" directory.