Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
Fix Version/s: None
I get the attached bluescreen (BSOD) after doing following actions:
- Starting a VirtualBox snapshot with ROS 0.4.14 RC24 (VBox additions, firefox and flash installed)
- Installing 7zip from RAPPS (default settings)
- "Installing" C++6 from RAPPS into the folder "C:\Installiert" (which was created earlier)
- Now, when I open this folder and directly right-click onto the copied vcredist.exe file in order to extract it, I get the BSOD in win32k.sys.
Had this three times and caught on attached video, so it is reproducible in my setup. Not sure this is reproducible in general.
- You don't actually need the C++ library. You can use any other archive, a right click will cause the BSOD.
- The BSOD does not happen if the system is rebooted after installing 7zip, so maybe the 7zip explorer extensions are not yet correctly working until after a reboot.