Fix Version/s: None
ReactOS version 0.4.13 downloaded from front page.
Archbang linux version: unknown currently
dd version: currently unknown
HW: Dell Latitude XT
When using the dd command on arch bang linux causes a registry corruption error when booting after setting up install (setting hostname and admin password).
ReactOS version tested: 0.4.13 downloaded from front page.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download archbang linux from [https://sourceforge.net/projects/archbang/|https://sourceforge.net/projects/archbang/.]
- Extract the archive and write the image to a usb drive. I used gnome-disks from the gnome-disks-utility package
- Reboot, and boot from the usb drive archbang was written to.
- Select the first option from the boot selection menu.
- Open a terminal window by typing [logokey]+t or clicking on the icon on the pannel.
- Using nano, edit /etc/pacman.d/mirrorslist and uncomment a set of mirrors for your country (I am in the United States).
- Save and close the file using ctl+x Y [enter]
- Connect your system to the internet (if not done already) using an ethernet cable.
- Run sudo pacman -Sy
- Install firefox by running sudo pacman -S firefox
- Launch firefox
- Visit reactos.org , go to downloads, and download 0.4.13.
- Extract the zip file by running unzip (filename) in your downloads directory.
- Use dd to write the iso to your harddrive. For example sudo dd IF=Reactos.iso OF=/dev/sda. You can find your drive in gparted launchef using the gparted command.
- Reboot to your harddrive and install like normal. During install, I create two more partitions, and select the first one I created to install ReactOS to. I select fat32 (quick format) for both.
- Reboot and complete setup like normal. Let ReactOS reboot itself. You should find a BSOD with an error code for corrupt registry.