- create VBox 4.3.12 VM with at least 2000MB of RAM spent to VM (you will need that much!)
- the virtual HDD should be at least 10GB (you will need that much)
- install ros into the VM, I used 0.4.15-dev-5188-gabafg0d1 GCC8.4.0 RosBEWin 2.2.1 here, I installed on FAT
- install git 2.10.0 from rapps
- install RosBE 2.1.6 from rapps, use C:\ros as the source folder
- switch desktop resolution to 1152x864 to have enough space for convenient working
- run RosBE2.1.6
- Run the taskmgr in the performance tab, and leave it running to observe resource consumption. Place it next to RosBE2.1.6 window
- now within the RosBE2.1.6 prompt do:
- 'prompt $T $P$G'
- 'git config --system http.sslverify false'
- 'git clone https://github.com/reactos/reactos.git'
- 'cd reactos' to enter the source tree. You should be in C:\ros\reactos now.
- 'git reset --hard 6ee2f98' to master 2019-02-25 23:00 (commit 0.4.12-dev-753-g6ee2f98) in your working-tree which is RosBE2.1.6compatible and builds successfully on Windows
- 'cd output-MinGW-i386'
- 'ninja bootcd -j1'
It should return to the prompt after successfully having created a bootcd, like it was still possible here. when I used 0.4.14-RC-38-g4111dfa as the guest, and tried to build the very same 0.4.12-dev-753-g6ee2f98 in the very same way. It succeeded back then
WinXPSP3 guest can ofc also successfully compile 0.4.12-dev-753-g6ee2f98 too ofc
when performing this with 0.4.15-dev-5188-gabafg0d1that was built itself witth GCC8.4.0 RosBEWin 2.2.1 as a guest, it will fail with random errors during the build. See screenshot and logs
it failing to compile is very reproducible for me. I guess the poor Memory Management in master head is responsible for that, but that is just a guess
- is blocked by
CORE-15793 RosBE2.1.6 configure step takes very long
- relates to
CORE-18520 reproducible WinLogon crash followed by BSOD, during shutdown, after having tried to build ros on ros
CORE-18519 Building ros on ros RosBE2.2.1, 'ninja bootcd -j1' fails after breaking into the debugger '(ntoskrnl/ob/obhandle.c:2966) OB: Attempting to insert existing object', RosBE prompt logs 'out of disk space ENOENT ENOSPC,'