Fix Version/s: None
Operating System: ReactOS
Platform: x86 Hardware
Created an attachment (id=8024)
Shutdown code updates
I have compiled it already and it seems to work so far. Initially, I was making changes to the shutdown program, but soon realized that in order to implement it would require functions that are unimplemented. Although the code (InitiateSystemShutdownExA/W) is nowhere near complete, I was able to streamline the functions InitiateSystemShutdownA/W by feeding them into InitiateSystemShutdownExA/W.
- Implemented the beginnings of InitiateShutdownA/W (nothing works yet).
- Running InitiateSystemShutdownA/W envokes InitiateSystemShutdownExA/W while using
"Other (Planned)" as the reason code.
- The "Other (Planned)" reason code seemed to be the best default option so far.
Let me know if you feel otherwise.
- Added the shutdown flags that are used for InitiateShutdownA/W inside of winreg.h.
- Include the reason.h header inside the winreg.h header so that the reason codes can be
properly called. This conforms to the VC2010 method of adding this support.
- Added the declarations for InitiateSystemShutdownExA/W and InitiateShutdownA/W inside
- In winuser.h, change the definitions for EWX_* to conform to MSDN documentation
- Added definition support for EWX_HYBRID_SHUTDOWN which is found in Windows 8.
- Calling InitiateSystemShutdownExA will convert strings to UNICODE and send it over to
InitiateSystemShutdownExW. The same is also for InitiateShutdownA.