Fix Version/s: None
I gave a little thought to how to improve the perceived image of the OS using the least amount of work possible. I present following ideas:
== decrease the amount of questions about the next release, change the "Fresh builds" button on homepage into something like "Pre-release builds" or "Daily builds" or some other name that not only points out the freshness, but also availability for testing & toying (I suggest e.g. http://prntscr.com/umh5e )[DONE]
== modify webpage <title> to "ReactOS.org" instead of "www.reactos.org" [DONE]
== on homepage modify the "Featured on..." section to actually link to the websites)
- If in need of more, there is some fairly recent ROS article at http://www.techrepublic.com/ as well
== in getbuilds exchange or merge the "Overview" and "Download a prebuilt ReactOS Revision" sections, that way the required info (the builds) comes first... (I suggest e.g. http://prntscr.com/umk7t ) add the "Latest revision" link... there could be also explained what's the difference between -dbg, -dbgwin and -rel [DONE]
- my attempt at the descriptions (according to my knowledge, this http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81970 and
ONLINE-300), I feel there is place for two divisions, bootcd X livecd and rel X dbg... there is still need for some native speaker to check it:
- bootcd - BootCD ISOs are designed to install ReactOS onto an HDD and enjoy the new features since last release. You will need the ISO only for the installation. This is the recommended variant to install into a VM (VirtualBox, VMWare, QEMU).
- livecd - LiveCD ISOs allow to use ReactOS without installing it. It can be used to test ReactOS in case your HDD is not detected during BootCD installation or if you have no alternative system/VM to install on.
- -rel - Release version with no debugging information, this version is smaller, but it cannot be used to produce logs.
- -dbg - Debug version includes debugging information, use this version to test, produce logs and report bugs. This is the recommended variant to install to report bugs.
- -dbgwin - The same as the -dbg version + includes wine Gecko and winetests.
== there's some free space in Donations page (see http://prntscr.com/umgpl )[DONE]
== the social buttons on the homepage are weirdly padded, if they were closer together, there would be less problems with overflowing to other line, there is also the settings button not present that would help to the social-network-active people (I suggest e.g. http://prntscr.com/umh12 )