I have installed ReactOS 0.4.7 from CD-ROM. The installation goes fine, but at the first startup, "Installing devices..." freezes and shortly after a blue screen appears with the following information:
STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF6E08C8A, 0xF702D97C, 0x00000000)
HDAudBus.sys - Address F6E08C8A base at F6E06000, DateStamp 5a188447
I have tried the following:
- running ReactOS in Safe Mode, Debug Mode,...
- Disabling the onboard HD Audio device from the BIOS
- Changing the HD Audio device setting from "HD" to "C'97" from the BIOS
- Reducing the RAM clock speed from the BIOS
- Disabling all USB ports from the BIOS
- Reinstalling ReactOS several times
My hardware configuration:
- Motherboard: Asus A88X Plus
- CPU: AMD A10-7850K
- RAM: 8GB
- Attached devices: USB mouse, keyboard, EXsys firewire adapter (PCI)
I hope I have provided all necessary information, it's the first time I've ever filed a bug. I'm attaching the blue screen photo and the debug file (I hope it's the right one).
Thumbs up for this project.
I've just performed the screen debug as suggested by Thomas Faber. After repeating the procedure for 10-15 times, I've observed three types of outcome:
- The debug hangs on ***Assertion failed: FALSE
- The debug doesn't hang, ReactOS starts up, "Installing devices..." appears, then the crash occurs and the kdb console appears. After typing bt, I get an output followed by "Press q to abort, any other key to continue". When I press some key, many lines of text appear.
- Same as n.2, but after pressing some key, much less lines of text appear.
- 01_assertion_failed.JPG and https://youtu.be/7LLBNp3X3t4
The videos are shot at 60FPS, so it's possible to slow them down at 0.25 speed and read every line of the debug.